Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hodge Podge

I don't know what else to title this post as I've been away from this little spot for so long now.
Yes, I'm glad Winter is over.  It was too cold.  
We had to put the A/C on last night.
Soon I will be saying it's too hot.

The winter might have been long and cold, but inside there were lots of fun things happening to keep us warm.
On the sunny days, we ventured out to the garden for goodies.

Pic heavy post to follow...


the little combo pattern outfit mentioned in my last post,
Children's Corner Taylor and Becky


The 14 month old ham bone who keeps me hopping.


He's currently decreasing naps from two per day to one...
extra hopping now.  
He's off of formula and bottles, loves to be outside, read to, loves oatmeal and banana for breakfast and spaghetti for lunch. 


My stove/oven looks like this everyday as he is captivated with opening the oven door.
I've never seen a child who loves the oven door like this sweet boy does.
He also loves kitchen drawers as you can see.


My Sweetpea posed for graduation photos.
She has eleven actual class days left...we are counting down.
Soon those plaid uniform skirts and white oxford shirts will disappear from my laundry pile foreva.
I might just miss them for a day or two.


She brought me roses for St. Valentine's Day.
That made Prince Charming (hmmm) very happy...cause he didn't bring me anything for St. Valentine's Day.


Our winter garden was so wonderful!
We have eaten lots and lots of beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, chard, kale, lettuce, and spinach.  
The winter crops are pretty much all done now and we're getting ready to prepare the beds for our early summer garden of beans, cucumbers, okra, peppers, squash, and tomatoes.
And zinnias...lots of zinnias!




We didn't eat the lizard.


Inside on cold days and nights and long car rides, I knit garter stitch after garter stitch to make this baby blanket.
 I set a completion goal for the beginning of Spring.
I loved working on this. 
 I always imagined I would enjoy knitting...I just didn't realize how much I would enjoy it.
I didn't finish by the first day of Spring...but did finish by the first weekend of Spring.
Close enough.


Upon completion, it received a tepid wool-soak bath and was blocked on my craft table.


I gathered pretty goods for ironing board covers and hope to have these in the shop before toooo long.


More fabric goods for two little smocked dresses...currently in progress.


I knit some little leaves in order to practice increasing/decreasing stitches.  I need practice following row by row directions and keeping my place.


roasted lots of chicken...I love roasted chicken


and washed lots of dishes


hemmed a senior prom gown for this Saturday


prayed lots of rosaries asking 
Our Lady Undoer of Knots
to intercede to Her Son
on behalf of my son.
There's one in every family.


Drank lots of tea


and swung lots of kettlebells.

I've also had fun with the camera. ;)

I think I'm caught up now!
I'll try and come back much sooner than two months next time. 
Much sooner. 







6 comments:

  1. All your projects are gorgeous...oh, that blanket! Is that to be saved for a grand baby? It's stunning.

    And your produce...I'm envious even if I can't eat a lot of it. I discovered roast kale a few weeks ago and ate an entire bunch by myself. Then I learned kale has like 1300% of your daily allowance of vitamin K -- which thickens the blood, screws with my coumadin. Uh, oh. But it was soooo good. I have veggie envy now.

    I hope Sweet Pea enjoys her last few weeks. The fun begins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara :) Yes, the blanket is going into my grandmother's hope chest.

      Delete
  2. I loved your blog, and hope you can find time to do them more often! I loved the little romper!!! More, more, more! Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted, I had just found your blog, and wondered if my visit was a kiss of death, of sorts. Your pictures are really great, from the things you've made to the daughter and grandson. Actually, I guess you had in making those too.. good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy :) I am the most erratic blogger alive. I sometimes wonder if people think I'm alive as I get busy with life and put off blogging. Sad. The little one is not my grandson, but a good friend's little boy that I babysit for. We love him as our own! We have two unmarried young adult sons and our Sweetpea about to graduate. I was visiting your blog earlier this morning and will be back! Your knitting is beautiful!! :)

      Delete