Friday, March 8, 2013

63 years new

A new (older than me) baby in the house. We seem to have a lot of babies lately. This one is just for me to play with when the other two go home.

It's a 1950 model Singer 201-2 and I've wanted one of these gems for some time now. I could not be more pleased with her beautiful stitch and the way she sounds while sewing. She is straight stitch with forward and reverse. I would love to get a buttonholer for her as I've read she makes lovely buttonholes.

I hope to make a blouse for myself as my first project! If I can get both babies asleep at the same time ever again, maybe I can press my fabric and pattern pieces...fingers crossed.

Any woman power I felt on day one of watching two babies was humbled yesterday! Ha!

Have a great weekend!
Love, Cheryl





7 comments:

  1. Oooh! So pretty! Congratulations! Enjoy your honeymoon with your new beauty! So perfect to be using such a classic for your gorgeous handwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberlee :) Your sewing teenagers would love this machine! It would be awesome for making all the wonderful capes and projects they love so much! It's not an industrial machine, but very powerful as it is gear driven instead of belt driven...all metal parts, etc.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that would definitely be up Josiah's alley (the designer/sewer who is studying mechanical engineering)! Where did you find it?

      Delete
  2. ooo, now I really know I need to live next door so I can have a lesson or two ... or three...
    I inherited a Singer similar to this one from my grandmother, but I don't even know how to thread it. It currently waits for me in a beautiful wooden carry case. Wish I could just move us next to you .. problems solved...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, next door would be just perfect! :) I bet you would be able to find a sewing machine manual online for your machine. Then you could give her a bit of maintenance, make a bobbin, put in a needle, thread her up and sew! :)

      Delete