Friday, January 18, 2013

Blue Skies and Sunshine

- thank goodness for both!
I spent a bit of time in the backyard today with a little boy and my camera.


Currently growing in the potager, we have


Swiss chard


Lacinto kale


red leaf lettuce


one of two varieties of carrots growing well


Veronica broccoli...looks alien!


green cabbage


cauliflower


a larger green cabbage


broccoli gone to flower and seed


flowering rosemary


new blossoms on our lemon tree...delightfully fragrant...now if this tree would actually produce lemons


a shrimp plant


a spent Queen Elizabeth


a pot of weeds...quite healthy looking...oh yes


the last of my back neighbor's lemons...and it's obviously being enjoyed by another creature


the clover returns




I hope you all have a wonderful, peaceful weekend,

- Cheryl





4 comments:

  1. Love your garden!


    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. http://saintnoltsews.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so tasty.. minus the roses... John says I'm having a rabbit because I've craved veggies this whole pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Veggies are good for that baby! :)

      Delete